Q: Can you briefly explain what you do?
A: Simply put, I am a “health detective”. I use Functional Lab Testing to check adrenal function (think “adrenal fatigue”), hormone imbalances, leaky gut, SIBO, detox pathways (liver), inflammation levels, chronic immune reactions, food sensitivities, and more!
What most people don’t understand is that the most common chronic symptoms that many of us suffer from stem from malfunctions if one or more of the areas listed above. I help them understand what “needs repair” and how to repair it using all natural “lifestyle reboot” strategies. My clients D.R.E.S.S.™ for health success! (Diet, Rest, Exercise, Stress reduction, & Supplementation). For more information on the types of labs that I run and pricing click here.
Q: Who would benefit from your services?
A: Anyone interested in improving their health naturally, suffers from chronic health complaints of any sort, and athletes interested in fine-tuning their health to improve their performance on the field. Anyone who is sick and tired of feeling sick and tired!
Q: What symptoms are you able to help your clients get relief from?
A: It’s important to understand that treating symptoms is not something that I do directly with my clients. Many of the symptoms that plague modern-day people stem from malfunctions in their hormonal, immune, digestive, or detoxification systems. I work to heal the hidden malfunctions, or underlying causes of the symptoms. By working in this way, the symptoms are usually greatly reduced or completely eliminated. Here is just a partial list of the symptoms indirectly alleviated or eliminated through working with me:
- Headaches or Migraines
- Insomnia or Sleep Disturbances
- Depression, Anxiety
- Joint Pain or Stiffness
- Indigestion, Heartburn, GERD, Gas, Bloating, Stomach Aches, Constipation or Diarrhea
- Chronic Fatigue (often tired, feel wiped out)
- Low Body Temperature
- Thyroid Dysregulation
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Low Libido
- Hot Flashes
- Dizziness upon standing from a crouched or seated position
- Food Sensitivities
- Allergies such as Stuffy or Runny Nose, Dry Itchy Eyes, Watery Eyes
- Skin Conditions such as Eczema, Hives, Rashes
- Bacterial Infections (Sinus, Urinary Tract, Bronchitis, etc.)
- Weight Gain
Q: What is your process once I decide to work with you?
A: It’s Easy To Get Started:
Gold Functional Wellness promotes a “self-testing” and “self-care” model. I am your guide throughout the process, but ultimately it is you who needs to step up and take charge of your health. After all, no one is going to care about your health more than you (well, maybe your mom!). Once you sign up, the process is very easy:
- Paperwork – Fill out & return the paperwork I send to you (via email)
- Collect – Collect your specimens:
- I will have the proper lab test kits drop-shipped to your home.
- Saliva, urine, stool, and hair samples can be collected in the privacy of your home. Each kit comes with explicit instructions for collection.
- For blood samples, I will help you find a lab in your area that will draw blood for you.
- Send – Send your specimens to the labs:
- Each lab kit comes with a prepaid FedEx envelope. Simply put the kit into the envelope and drop it off at your nearest FedEx location!
- Results & Recommendations Consultation:
- I will notify you when I receive the results and we will schedule a call to deliver interpretations and recommendations.
Q: Are you a doctor?
A: No. I am a certified FDN practitioner. FDN stands for Functional Diagnostic Nutrition. I work very differently than doctors.
Q: How are you able to run labs on me if you are not a doctor?
A: The FDN certification puts me in an élite group of wellness practitioners and connects me with a licensed medical professional that provides access to the lab work for my clients.
Q: Are you a nutritionist or a dietitian?
A. No, But I have a strategic partnership with a registered dietitian. Clients of mine have access to comprehensive customized nutritional planning.
Q: What do your natural protocols consist of?
A: I help clients start a holistic, fully customized “Lifestyle Reboot” program that addresses ALL areas necessary to promote vibrant health. I call it the D.R.E.S.S.™ for Health Success model:
- Diet – Eliminate food sensitivities, & flood the body with proper nutrition.
- Rest – Optimize sleep.
- Exercise – Recommend the correct level & intensity for each client’s health status.
- Stress reduction – Teach coping mechanisms, use functional lab testing to find hidden stressors in the body.
- Supplementation – intelligent supplementation to support organ function.
Q: How long will your protocols take to make me feel better?
A: There is a significant variance in the time needed to effect positive health outcomes. Every client is different. Some people might start to feel better within weeks and for others it may take months, or even years. It all depends on your current state of health as well as your dedication and commitment to accurately following the protocols. Many people who work with me have spent decades assaulting their bodies with poor diet, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, toxins, pesticides, chemicals, drugs & alcohol.
Q: Do you work with out-of-state clients?
Q: Will my insurance cover this?
A: As with any other alternative practitioner, I do not accept medical insurance. My services fall under the “preventative” and “functional lab testing” categories which (sadly) most insurance plans don’t cover anyway. I can give you a statement that you may submit to your insurance carrier for possible reimbursement and it would be your responsibility to attempt to collect on that.
Click here to schedule a consultation.